Print Page
Corporate Immigration

Employee with a Criminal Record

YOU SELECTED THIS OPTION BECAUSE:You have an employee who is inadmissible on the count of a criminal record and needs a special waiver or TRP.

Do you have an employee who needs to enter Canada as a Business Visitor but has a criminal record? If so, you will need to assess whether the worker can qualify for a special exemption.

An employee who enters as a business visitor with a criminal record, such as a misdemeanor DUI/DWI, is likely “inadmissible” to Canada and will need a special waiver, called a “Temporary Resident Permit” (TRP) to temporarily override his inadmissibility.

To assess his eligibility for a TRP, we invite the employer, or the employee, to contact the office to schedule a confidential appointment. At the session, we’ll discuss the pertinent milestones of the criminal record (when did the allege event occur, when was he convicted, when did he complete the sentence including probation) to figure out if the likelihood of obtaining a TRP is sufficiently high to risk the trip.

Please note that our office also specializes in Canadians who are inadmissible to the United States as a result of a criminal conviction (such as a crime of moral turpitude, drug charge, or multiple DUIs). To assess the US waiver process, we invite you to consult our US admissibility section or to schedule an appointment.

To schedule an appointment to discuss a Business Visitor Waiver (TRP) or US Waiver, please contact the Dallas Head Office at 214-295-6051.