Print Page

Study Permit

YOU SELECTED THIS OPTION BECAUSE:You need a study permit to Canada.

Each year, about 70,000 students come to Canada to learn in one of our outstanding post-secondary institutions. These offer a host of private and public curriculums ranging from a one-year program in art design to a five-year doctoral program.

In the majority of public schools, students may also seek on-campus employment without a work permit, or, after a period of 6 months, seek off-campus employment on a part-time basis.

Similar to the Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) process, the requirements for obtaining a student permit are rigorous and especially difficult for citizens in developing countries. Our firm, however, has a good track record for obtaining student permits in the most difficult areas including citizens (students) of India, Pakistan, Nepal, Egypt, Haiti and the Sub-Sahara region.

Quebec schools and colleges such as McGill, Concordia and Bishop, require an additional permit in the form of a Certifcat d’Acceptation du Quebec (CAQ) prior to submitting a Student Permit at a visa post of border. Our firm is proud to say that our leading practitioner is one of the very few whose US-based office is duly licensed by the government to represent Quebec applicants as required by law.

Firm deliverables for Student Permit applications:

  • Form preparation (including Quebec forms where applicable)
  • Assembly of relevant supporting documentation
  • Representation before Citizenship Immigration Canada (CIC) on behalf of the Client
  • Representation before the Quebec immigration ministry where applicable (MIDI)
  • Interview preparation on a one-to-one basis with the Client (if required)
  • Point-of-entry student packets for a smoother entry
  • Hotline to the practitioner’s cell phone for issues at the border
  • Reasonable access to the practitioner throughout the duration of the study program